Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Great Mother's Day

This is my third mother's day and my best so far.. mostly because it's the first time I got a gift from A (thanks to his teachers at school.) So here it is, A's gift, a super cute mold of his hand, painted by him, along with a card and wrapping paper he decorated:

He was so excited to give it to me that he wanted me to carry it with me everywhere -- including to his swim lesson -- and I was petrified at the idea of breaking it.
Sunday morning, the day started with SleepyPapa and A bringing me a card and gift in bed. The gift was a necklace I love:

After that, it was time to go to brunch (we have this tradition with my mom that we go to brunch the Sunday before she leaves, it just happened to be on Mother's Day this time). We all got dressed, but A had his own idea of what to wear to brunch. All the kids there were wearing fancy outfits, and this is what my son decided was appropriate:

That's his PJ top, with shorts, and a pair of sneakers without socks. Oh well, it's not a big deal. He had fun at brunch, and was very good, and that's all we ask for. Who cares what he wears, since he doesn't want to pose for pictures anyway...

The rest of the day was spent doing stuff around the house and in the yard. Then we inaugurated our grill by making burgers, hot dogs, and grilled zucchinis. I don't want to brag, but for a first-time run, it was pretty yummy! All in all, a really nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment