Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not Ready at All

Some weeks ago, I signed up for this Open Water Swim (an 800 meter race in a nearby lake). It sounded like a good idea at the time, and I thought I could easily fit in two to three swims a week to get ready. Fast-forward  six weeks later... it's two days before the race and I'm not ready at all. To tell you the truth, I really don't know what I was thinking: I have no steady childcare during the week and no time on the weekends.
So I got to swim twice last week, and once this week. Actually, my swim today was cut short because I had to go to work.  I picked up the wetsuit I rented and the guy asked me "are you going to get an open water swim before your race?"... yeah, right! When, exactly? It doesn't really matter how often I swim anyway, because from the first day I started "training" (ahah, who am I kidding?), I clocked in at 18 minutes each time, not matter what I did or did not do.

Oh well, I guess I'll just give it a try, do my best, and see what happens. At least the whole thing got me swimming more than I would have otherwise. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment