Here are A's favorite things about Paris, in no particular order:
- the buses
- the metro (which he, at first, named "tchoo-tchoo in the night", before switching the "metro")
- the taxis
- the camions-poubelles (garbage trucks)
- the busy traffic ("regarder voitures encore!")
- the parks
- the "maneges" (merry-go-rounds -- they are everywhere: parks, street corners, etc... a great incentive to go out)
- the bread
- pains au chocolat and brioches
My favorite things about being in Paris with A?
- Taking him to the parks where I played as a child, watching him ride the same "maneges" I rode.
- Having him taste the great fresh foods and the amazing stuff boulangeries have to offer.
- Seeing him play with my childhood friends' children.
- a major plus: kids- even toddlers! -can ride the maneges on their own in France, so you can actually get a break while they have fun (why can't we have that here???)
here are a few pictures of A in Paris:
|this manege is in the Champs de Mars, it's manual wind-up carousel|
|the kids get a little stick and they have to catch rings on it|
|A was just happy to hit the ring-holder|
|a modern "manege"|
|same one, different car|
|yet another manege|
|A walking in "les Tuilleries"|
Next post: week 2: Brittany